What To Wear In Paris Summer 2022
To ensure you have a timeless look for any summer occasion in Paris, turns towards ‘Essential Clothing Pieces for Paris in the Summer’ with ‘Lightweight Tops and Blouses, Flowy Dresses and Skirts, Cropped Pants, and Jeans, Chic and Comfortable Shoes’ as a solution for the wardrobe crisis.
Lightweight Tops And Blouses
When it comes to Parisian summer wear, breathable clothing is key. Get ready to rock the streets with these wardrobe must-haves:
- Airy Tops and Light Blouses: These pieces can be dressed up or down, creating the perfect airflow for hot days.
- Sleeveless Shirts: An absolute must-have for hot summer days. Pair with a pair of shorts for a chic look.
- Crop Tops: This trend is still popular. Go daring with a crop top and midi or maxi skirt.
Mix and match these pieces for different looks – tuck into jeans for more coverage, layer with a blazer for work, etc.
Comfortable footwear is a must for exploring Paris’s sights. Ditch those heels for sneakers or ballet flats – your feet will thank you!
And don’t forget to bring a flowy dress or skirt – you’ll create your own wind tunnel!
Flowy Dresses And Skirts
When in Paris, summertime calls for flowy garments! Maxi dresses, midi skirts, and boho dresses are perfect for those with a sophisticated, yet casual style. Details are key, too – frilly hemlines add a touch of femininity. And flats are the way to go – tight shoes or heels will take away from your comfort.
As for fabrics, go natural for air circulation and to avoid sweat. To really show off in the summer sun, why not opt for cropped pants and jeans? Enjoy the Parisian summer while looking your best!
Cropped Pants And Jeans
Enhance your Parisian summer wardrobe with cropped pants and jeans.
- Go for classic high-waisted denim with a raw hem for a variety of tops and shoes.
- Culottes are comfy and stylish – try a neutral pair to match your blouses or t-shirts.
- Dare to be different with patterns or textures – plaid or satin can be elegant.
- Cropped pants and jeans are versatile – dress them up with heels at night, or go casual with flats during the day.
Make it special with embellishments like embroidery or beadwork.
Pro Tip: Bring a lightweight crop leg wear in ivory or blush to get that French flair. Feet friendly for Parisian chic and no blisters!
Chic And Comfortable Shoes
When in Paris, you’ll need elegant and comfortable footwear. Strappy sandals and espadrilles with a low heel are ideal for the cobblestone streets. Loafers and ballet flats are great for sightseeing and museums. Opt for neutral colors that go with any outfit. Quality materials will help the shoes last longer. If you plan to go out at night, stiletto heels can be stylish. Bring another pair, though – heels may not always be suitable for nightlife spots. Pro tip: Parisian pavements can be slippery in the rain, so wear rubber-soled shoes for safety. To complete the look, add a beret – you’ll look like an artistic Parisian!
Accessory Must-Haves For A Timeless Parisian Look
To nail the timeless Parisian style, you need the right accessories. A structured bag or tote, some dainty jewelry, classic sunglasses, and a trendy scarf or headband can elevate your outfit in seconds. In this section about Accessory Must-Haves for a Timeless Parisian Look with Classic Sunglasses, A Structured Bag or Tote, Dainty Jewelry, and A Trendy Scarf or Headband as solutions briefly.
Classic sunglasses are a must-have for any timeless Parisian look. These iconic eyepieces not only protect your eyes from the sun, but also give you an air of sophistication and confidence.
Here are six tips for classic sunglasses:
- Get high-quality lenses for clarity and optical protection.
- Choose timeless shapes like round, aviator or wayfarer.
- Neutral shades like black, tortoiseshell or brown always look great.
- Get frames made of high-quality material for longevity.
- Ray-Ban, Persol, and Oliver Peoples offer classic styles that never go out of fashion.
- Add a modern twist with trendy details such as colored lenses or oversized frames.
Pro tip: Look for polarized lenses for additional UV protection and to reduce glare.
Fun fact: Yoko Ono is credited with popularizing the ’70s style small framed round sunglasses!
Nothing says ‘I’m put together’ like a structured bag – even if you’re actually a hot mess!
A Structured Bag Or Tote
A timeless, structured handbag or tote is key for a sophisticated Parisian look. Here’s why:
- It adds elegance to any ensemble.
- Your daily essentials stay organized.
- It transitions from day to night.
- It’s a long-lasting fashion investment.
For a Parisian vibe, pick one with classic colors and minimal design. Make it the focus by keeping the rest of your outfit plain.
Fun Fact: The Hermès Birkin bag was birthed in 1984 after actress Jane Birkin and Hermès CEO Jean-Louis Dumas shared a flight from Paris to London.
Show off your chic Parisian style with delicate jewelry that says ‘classy, yet not afraid to accessorize.’
To complete your timeless Parisian look, accessories play a crucial role. Delicate and understated jewelry can add sophistication and elegance. Here are the details to get your look up a notch:
- Thin gold chains, simple pearl earrings, and delicate rings suit the quintessential Parisian style.
- Dainty necklaces with tiny pendants and chokers exude grace.
- Stacking thin bracelets in contrasting metals or neutral colors adds a chic touch.
- A brooch pinned onto your scarf or lapel is a staple for French style.
- Stud earrings with minimalistic designs or tiny diamonds are perfect for everyday wear. They look beautiful with bold necklaces or other chunky pieces.
Adding these jewelry pieces to your collection will help you achieve the French-girl effortless elegance vibe. French women mix high-end designer items with affordable fashion jewelry for unique looks. Coco Chanel said: “I have chosen diamonds because they represent the greatest value in the smallest volume.” Remember not to overdo it – understated yet polished accessories will help you achieve the Parisian style effortlessly. Wrap your style up in a bow with a chic scarf or headband – bonus points if it hides croissant crumbs!
A Trendy Scarf Or Headband
To get the classic Parisian look, an accessory is a must-have. Scarves or headbands are versatile and can be worn in various ways.
- For example, drape a scarf around your neck with a blazer or coat.
- Wrap your hair in a silk scarf for an elegant style.
- Put on a headband with pearls or crystals for a formal event.
- Tie a printed scarf around a bag strap to add dimension.
- Wear a lightweight scarf over your shoulders on warm days.
- A wide headband with fabric design creates volume and texture.
For best effect, choose neutral-toned scarves from high-quality fabrics like silk or cashmere. A simple braid-patterned headband is also great for daily wear. Pick colors and prints that go with your outfit. Be creative in styling them up!
A fashion blogger said that whenever she was not sure about what to wear, she relied on her scarves. They added elegance and sophistication to every look. To finish off the look, make sure your hair is as sleek as a French politician’s scandal cover-up.
Hair And Makeup Tips For A Polished Appearance
To achieve a polished appearance, you need to focus on your hair and makeup while dressing up for any occasion in Paris this summer 2022. This section, ‘Hair and Makeup Tips for a Polished Appearance’, provides solutions to enhance your look with ease. Discover the helpful tips on ‘Simple Hairstyles for Hot Weather’, ‘Minimal and Natural Makeup’, and ‘French Manicure Inspiration’ to make your overall appearance perfect.
Simple Hairstyles For Hot Weather
When the temperature rises, keeping hair looking good without spending ages on it can be tricky. Here are three effortless hairstyles perfect for those hot days:
- Braids: A classic braid style is an easy and low-maintenance way to keep hair off your face and neck.
- Ponytail: A sleek ponytail is great for both casual and professional looks. Try a high ponytail with a section of hair wrapped around the elastic band for an extra touch.
- Bun: Top knots and buns provide a chic look that keeps hair firmly in place.
Remember, proper hair care is needed for each style. Conditioning masques and deep conditioning treatments help manage frizz and make hair smooth.
Different hairstyles work better for different hair types; long, wavy hair suits braids, whereas shorter or curly hair may be better for refined knots or buns.
My friend had a sweltering summer wedding. Her hairdresser suggested a polished updo with braids that would make her look amazing and keep her curls in place even after hours of dancing. The effortless styling was just the thing she needed on a very hot day. #LessIsMore!
Minimal And Natural Makeup
Achieve an Elegant Look with a Subtle Touch-up!
Pair earthy tones and soft hues for your best features. Use just enough coverage for a smooth complexion that will last all day. Start with a foundation that matches your skin tone, blending it across your face. Mild brow definition and beige/brown shades on lids to highlight and add depth. Finish with mascara in black or brown shades. For a pop of color, use subtle pink, peach or nude shades. Use brushes for proper application, no harsh lines or blotchy spots. Minimalism allows your natural beauty to shine through while being appropriate. Figure out what works best for you!
Pamper your nails with French-inspired manicure ideas.
French Manicure Inspiration
For those seeking nail style inspiration, take note of these ‘French Manicure Ideas!’
- Start with a neutral hue like beige or blush.
- Then, add a white tip with tape or guides for precision.
- Vary the angles and shapes of the tips.
- Add a simple design, like dots or stripes.
- Change the size and position for different looks.
- Experiment with alternative colors or shades.
- To add an extra touch, use glitter or rhinestones.
- Protect the polish with a topcoat and touch-ups as needed.
A French manicure is timeless and provides endless possibilities. Yves Saint Laurent said that one can tell a woman’s character by her nails. So, let your nails show elegance and poise. Create French manicures for any event – from casual Friday to a black-tie wedding. Ready to slay in style? Find outfit ideas for any occasion!
Outfit Ideas For Various Occasions
To guide you in deciding what to wear in Paris for different occasions, this section “Outfit Ideas for Various Occasions” in “What to Wear in Paris: A Timeless Look for Any Occasion” presents sub-sections such as “Casual Daytime Outfits”, “Dressy Evening Attire”, “Business and Work-Related Outfits”, and “Wedding and Formal Event Wear” as solutions. These ideas will help you look effortlessly stylish and appropriate on all occasions during the summer of 2022 in Paris.
Casual Daytime Outfits
For a chill daytime look, there’s plenty of clothing to choose from! Comfort and style come first. A few ideas:
- High-waisted shorts and a crop top
- Distressed jeans with sneakers and a graphic tee
- A linen or cotton maxi dress
- Sundress with sandals and jewelry
- Denim skirt and a tucked-in blouse
- Rompers or jumpsuits
Include bright colors, prints, and different textures to add interest. Get creative! Layer pieces, add accessories like hats, bags, or sunglasses. You don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort. Pick pieces that show off your personality, are weather-appropriate, and trendy.
Remember, there are lots of options for a casual daytime look – emphasize comfort without being dull!
Dressy Evening Attire
It’s time to look elegant and sophisticated for formal evening events! Men should wear a tuxedo – black or dark blue – with a bow-tie, black leather shoes and a well-buttoned shirt. Women should opt for long gowns, high heels and statement jewelry. Remember to strike a balance between chicness and decorousness – simple and elegant is always best! And don’t forget to accessorize with minimalistic jewelry – avoid overdoing it. It’s time to power dress and make it look like we have our lives together!
Business And Work-Related Outfits
Unleash professional flare and indulge in work. Pick impeccable styles that match the workplace culture. Still confused? Let’s explore tailored fitting options. Crisp blazers with tailored trousers, graceful skirts with fitted tops. Don’t forget to accessorize with leather accessories such as belts and bags.
Invest in high-quality pieces like timeless shirts and a sophisticated coat. For fashion-forward styles, add colorful block heels or prints that integrate into job profiles.
Be mindful of workplace dress codes. But don’t let that stop individual identity through clothing. In flexible environments, showcase originality with patterns or vibrant colors when appropriate.
Pro Tip: Accessorize sensibly. Focus on shoes and bags that elevate work outfits. Who needs a bouquet when you can catch everyone’s attention with a killer outfit at a wedding?
Wedding And Formal Event Wear
For upscale events, choose attire wisely. Elegance and comfort are key! Black tie options are always the best bet for weddings or formal events. Floor-length dresses are a must for black-tie soirees. White should be avoided unless specified by the bride’s dress code. Men should stick to classics like tuxedos or tailored suits. Shoes should complement the outfit and be suitable for long hours. Women should go for simple high heels or ballet flats and men should opt for traditional dress shoes like Oxfords or loafers. Accessories should be light but a classy clutch is a must.
Attending a university friend’s wedding three years back in Colorado Springs taught me just that – be presentable while still being relaxed!
Paris is the city of love and fabulous fashion – it’s time to break out those berets and stripes!
Where To Shop For Parisian-Inspired Fashion
To find the Parisian-inspired fashion pieces you need for the best look, you should check out the places mentioned below for some great finds. Popular French Brands, Concept Stores and Boutiques, Local Markets and Thrift Shops, and Online Shopping Recommendations are all sub-sections that provide a range of options for your wardrobe.
Popular French Brands
Discover the most stylish French clothing brands with our list of Popular French Fashion Brands. This list includes well-known labels like Chanel, Dior, Isabel Marant, Saint Laurent and Balmain.
Check out the table to know their specialties:
Luxury Perfumes, Women’s Clothing & Accessories
Couture Dresses & Ready-to-Wear Clothing
Glamorous Women’s Clothing & Accessories
Elegant Women’s Clothes & Leather Goods for Men and Women
Clothing & Shoes with Bohemian Chic Vibe for Women
Aside from these famous names, there are various other French labels which are worth exploring. Celine offers classic, minimalist looks. Hermes is known for luxurious accessories. And A.P.C is famous for modern yet timeless clothing.
Stay updated with the latest collections and events from these French brands by visiting their official websites and following them on social media. Bon shopping! Get yourself a Parisian-inspired fashion masterpiece through concept stores and boutiques.
Concept Stores And Boutiques
Visit the city’s trendy boutiques and concept stores for exclusive collections from established and emerging designers. Stroll through quaint streets famous for small fashion stores, or explore department stores that cater to global luxury brands.
Indulge in Eye-Popping Luxury Goods
Shop for high-end pieces from Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior and Chloé. Or, experience the iconic Colette store with playful contemporary clothing and avant-garde art displays.
Shop Vintage Pieces & Accessories
Boost your outfit with vintage hats, scarves and jewelry adorned with pearls and gems. Find unique items sold in niche markets or specialized dealers. Or, visit flea markets and thrift shops for one-of-a-kind treasures.
Experience Authentic French Fashion
Discover the vibrant array of concept stores, luxury boutiques, quaint streets and department hubs for an authentic French shopping experience!
Local Markets And Thrift Shops
Experience a truly unique Parisian-inspired fashion adventure by exploring local vintage boutiques and flea markets! These hidden gems offer unique finds at great prices, representing the city’s wonderful fashion history. Here are six tips for vintage shopping in Paris:
- Local vintage boutiques have a curated selection of one-of-a-kind items, from designer labels to street style.
- The Marché aux Puces de St-Ouen and Les Puces de Montreuil flea markets have a huge range of affordable clothing, jewelry, antiques, and home decor.
- Pop-up thrift shops called “brocantes” also exist throughout the city. Here you can find vintage pieces and second-hand designer items at budget-friendly prices.
- At flea markets and garage sales, bargaining is part of the culture. So always use friendly gestures and be mindful of the seller’s feelings.
- Check the authenticity of designer items before buying, so you don’t overpay for counterfeit items.
- Vintage shoppers suggest bringing cash. Not all vendors may accept credit cards or cheques.
In addition, each shopping district has its own unique vibe. So make sure you spend enough time browsing stores and stalls.
Pro Tip: Wander off the beaten path – Le Marais and Canal Saint-Martin are full of hidden gems. And if facing other humans sounds like too much work, just shop online!
Online Shopping Recommendations
For those searching for French fashion, here are some recommended online stores:
- Bonjour Paris: Traditional Parisian designs and accessories.
- Chic Parisien: Designer collections inspired by the fashion scene.
- La Boutique de LouLou: Women’s clothing boutique with dresses, skirts and tops.
- Maje: Chic and timeless French clothing.
- The Kooples: Edgy yet sophisticated Parisian styles.
When buying French fashion, search for authentic pieces with unique designs and quality fabrics.
Fun fact! “Parisian Chic” is a style seen in Parisian women. It’s elegant, timeless and bold.